To use Capital Smiles (CS), we need to collect and process some information. This may include:
- Name, email, address, telephone number, country of residence;
- Login and password details for sign in process;
- Details of any requests or payment transactions;
- Information on your activity and interaction on CS;
- Communications and content provided, historically since the creation of User; and
- Information, including pictures used in blogs, on the Website, comments and messages sent to others.
The following information will not be publicly displayed or revealed to any other Users by CS:
- Payment information;
- Password details;
- IP address;
- Telephone number; and
- Communications you send to us directly.
CS will not give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it is necessary in order to provide CS’s services as decided by CS in its sole discretion.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect CS’s legal rights.
What’s Shared Only with Creators & Collaborators
When you give Donations to a Social Project, the Social Venture, and the Social Project, will be able to see your User Account, the Donation amount and your email address. A User can decide to give a Donation anonymously by logging out of their User Account prior to Donating to a Social Project.
Social Ventures have the option to appoint collaborators to help manage their Social Project. These collaborators may be able to access the same information as is visible to the Project Venture.
What is Public
When you create an User Account, CS creates a profile page for your Account on the Website, containing your User Account name, the date the User account was created, and an Account picture linked to your Facebook page or LinkedIn page picture – this information can be edited and amended by the User.
Whenever your User Account name appears on CS (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or create forum discussions), other Users can click on your User account name to see your page. CS profiles are not searchable via search engines like Google.
If you do not want others to see your real name or profile image, choose a profile image and name that is not identifiable with you as a person (e.g., Bumblebee4).
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify User Accounts when signing in
- Enable us to provide you with CS services
- Marketing communications that may be useful
- Present Social Projects that may be of interest to you
- Administer your User Account
- Enable us to contact you regarding any questions
- Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information
- We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We
- never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts
- without your permission. Social Ventures never receive a Donators’
- credit card details, PayPal account information or any other payment information.
We do not and will not sell your data on to third parties.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your personal payment transactions. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We may send you service related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your User Account. We may retain certain information as required by applicable laws or for other necessary purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
Updated: September 2016